Whether it be a viral news blog or an archery company, careful thought and attention is required to be successful when distributing your content on Facebook. These five tips below have proved to be the crucial factors of success in our content marketing experience.
- Speak the language of your audience – When you post something on your personal Facebook wall, your friends react and respond because they know you on some personal level. When you post something on your business or blog profile, you must ask yourself why people would respond? Answering this question and adapting your marketing approach can make you a pro at Facebook marketing. In our marketing experience, we believe that those who are able to provide content which intersects the audiences most passionate likes or dislikes will inherently receive the most engagement and shares via Facebook.
- Hyper-target or die – As Facebook, the social media giant, continues to grow, the reach allotted to each page and profile becomes less and less. What does this mean for Facebook marketers? Years ago, you could become successful no matter who you targeted on Facebook along as you could arouse some level of interest, but in 2016, things are different. Facebook marketers need to think about targeting more than ever before. I’ll call this “hyper-targeting.” Instead of targeting people who like cars, focus on what type of car model itself. Instead of focusing on funny videos, focus on a specific category of funny videos. This way you’ll be able to better meet your audience right where they are. If you don’t have a hyper-targeted Facebook page, getting those shares might be next to impossible!
- Tell them what to do – People usually don’t like being told what to do, but if you can somehow tell them in a positive way, you’ll win at getting Facebook shares! Use implicit combined with explicit share prompts. First tell people why your content is so awesome and then combine this reason with a reason to share. For example: “This homeless man deserved every penny! Share this wonderful story of you agree!” If you use this technique, you are sure to be successful! This technique is SOO successful that we even made a plugin that prompts users to share after they read content on your blog. We’ve made many blog owners millionaires because of this simple technique, trust us, it works!
- Short and to the point – describing your content in long-winded style won’t help your cause. Social media users want what they want now, and any delaying will end in a bounce and your visitor will leave. You don’t want this. Choose tag lines when posting that grabs your audiences attention right where it matters. You only have a few seconds to get the attention of your audience, don’t mess it up!
- Become an authority – You can be “just another piece of content” or you can really become an authority by creating premium content that people recognize by posting daily at the same specified times. If you intersect your audience correctly and provide the best content ever, you’ll give your audience a reason to love your name. When your audience falls in love with you, you’ll build your social authority and get many more shares.